Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ah, the end... finally.

Then we started driving. Through nowhere. It looked a little like this. And a lot like nothing. Except for occasionally passing lots of drilling equipment.



 At least until we found the tractors. You know we had to stop and look at old rusty tractors. We even tried to ask the cowboys who only spoke Spanish if it was ok. I think they said yes.



 I know my SUV has 4 wheel drive, but I'm wondering if it was built for this.


After that, things get a little blurry. I do have these photos of my kids drinking apple juice from wine glasses in a hotel room somewhere. I also remember having a minor meltdown about not being able to eat anymore fried meats, I think I had carrot  sticks for dinner that night. Then there was something about how I was never eating a waffle the shape of Texas again. I was waffled out, and I didn't care if it was chocolate.



If you look closely, you will see that Zoe has written her name in crayon on the window. I think this is before I found the kids eating the forgotten pizza 3 days old in the back seat. (I was so hungry at that point, and refusing to eat Beaver nuggets or corn nuts or whatever nasty road food you find in Texas gas stations, if I would have found the pizza first, I would have eaten it.) And after Jeff started planning our next vacation, even though I threatened to jump from the moving car rather than plan another 40 hr car trip.


And that concludes the photographic journey of our Colorado Trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment