Monday, February 22, 2010

I may be a redneck...

I took my kids to Taco Bell for lunch. Two and a half years old, and eating Taco Bell.

It's so hard to resist though. We went to the post office (the hidden one inside the Ace Hardware, where I lost Robert- again.) Outside, Robert sees the Taco Bell and says,

"Mommy, the hungry store! Can we go to the hungry store?"

How do you say no to that? I did not give him Mountain Dew though, he's a lemonade boy only, so  I'm giving myself points for that at least. I did give Zoe cinnamon twists, which I'm pretty sure have ZERO nutritional value, so then I took away the lemonade points.

I'm also giving myself points for having charming kids. Zoe scored her and Robert packages of brownie bites from the manager. Got to love the Hispanic culture. They are so kid-friendly. It's one of the things I love about Texas.



Back at home, Robert says, "Mommy, sit down on the chair next to me. We can have a little talk."

Me: Okay Robert, what are we going to talk about?

Robert: You are going to grow and grow. We are having a little talk. You get taller like a daddy. And you get in a car. And climb on a ladder. And hammer things. You wanna turn into a daddy. Do you like Cocoa Crispies?

No comments:

Post a Comment