Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Robert and the birthday party

After receiving a birthday party invitation from a girl in his class, conversation as follows-

Robert: "Is that a birthday in-vee-tation?"

Me: "Yes, for K's birthday. Do you know K?"

"No, I don't know her."

"K? In your class?"

"No. Can we go to the party?! Please please please?!"

"But you don't even know who she is!"

(Robert now reads the invitation out loud while he is riding in the car.)

"Dear Robert, Please come to my birthday party. It will be fun. I love you."

Me: Silence

Robert: "She must have invited me because she loves me mommy."


Yes, my dear son, I'm sure that's it. Even though you have no idea who this girl is, I'm sure she loves you and that's why she invited you. Boy, high school is going to be fun with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment