Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let's chalk it up to...



Wait, let's not chalk it at all. Let's pretend that I'm completely sane and not at all delusional about my children.

See, when we were in Florida, every morning while the old people (Jeff) slept I would take the kids out for breakfast. They did great. They sat. They ate. We watched the dogs walking on the beach. We devoured Mickey Mouse pancakes together. It was beautiful.

Jeff says he won't be home for dinner tonight. I think, "Great no cooking!" And then get the crazy idea to take my kids out. Not Chick Fil-a out, out to a restaurant that does not have a playground. I didn't get white tablecloth crazy, just regular food crazy.

As you can guess, it didn't go as planned.

There was climbing and head bonking. Jumping on the booths. Other basic child like actions that made me regret my decision. The root of the problem is that I have no desire to be a referee but both of my kids seem to think I would be great in this position.

What was I thinking?! I should have just fed them Totino's pizza and called it a night. Oh well, perhaps I will try again in 5 years.


And here's a photo just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment