Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 3

Day 3 post-getaway

The first 2 days were fine. I was refreshed. But then Day 3 came. I'm feeling weak. Perhaps the walls are truly closing in on me. The other inhabitants of the camp have glazed eyes and seem out of sorts. One person has escaped from the "sickness" and treads lightly and warily around the others, only being seen in the shadows as he darts to and from, keeping safe distance. The weather has taken a turn for the worse. The gray, overcast skies mirror life inside. Okay, it's Houston. We don't really have bad weather :)


But really, I've had my fill. Sure, I got to leave my family and have some fun for a weekend. And the first 2 days back... no problem. But I'm on day 3 of consecutive laundering. I'm not sure the washing machine has stopped (except for 1-3a last night, which was after Mike's laundry finished and before I started my sheets again for the 2nd time in 2 days.)

I'm putting this on the list of things I probably should have realized but still am somehow surprised by- If you leave, you may very well come back to a large disgusting disaster. In this case, it was a house full of sick people, piles and piles of day old pukey laundry, and a broken dryer (hence the extra laundry.) Please, make it stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment