Monday, August 16, 2010

Looking for a miracle

A potty training miracle that is.

We have a little clothing problem at our house. Little as in with the little people. They are nudists, all of them.

Now with Robert, I'm not so worried. He is a wise old three year old, who knows that you are only allowed to pee in the potty. Or the shower when mommy isn't watching. Or on the trees in the backyard (we're slightly confused by the subtle difference between the backyard and front yard to the horror of daddy and half of the neighborhood.) We did have a little incident of trying to pee THROUGH the screen windows on the back porch. Again, I think it was just a misunderstanding. Technically, the pee was going outside. He just happened to be standing inside. Clearly a definition of terms problem.

But Zoe, oh Zoe. Constantly stripping off clothing. She's a master, I tell you. This is when the random advice of others is useless. You're reading this right now thinking, "Keep pants on the girl!" Obviously you have not seen my stripper baby at work. Pants! Ha! The girl can get a diaper off from UNDER a onesie. When was the last time you saw that? The only thing that kept her semi-clothed tonight was a cloth diaper (has snaps, she can get it off but it slows her down a little :) with Roberts pajama pants on top.

What's this leave me? Safety pins? Duct tape?

This gets me to my miracle. Potty trained at 16 months? Surely it's possible. If people can 'potty train' a 3 month old (If you haven't heard of the whole EC movement I'm not even going there right now- I'm sure it's great, I just don't have the energy,) then of course a walking 16 month old can handle it? Right? Please?


A friend told me once about her husband (you know who you are!) "He just doesn't have enough OJT- On the Job Training with the kids." This may have been in reference to feeding babies whole grapes or something, but I have photographic proof of this at my house.

Jeff took this photo. Thought it was cute that his little girl was playing with a fire truck. Look closely. Jeff, I'm sorry love, she's not playing. And have fun cleaning that up, and getting a diaper on that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment