Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year’s resolutions, 2014


Resolutions seemed to be few and far between, so I've written a few for us all to use and enjoy.


  1. I resolve to never, ever, ever wear UG boots. Because they are UGly. Go ahead, point out how often I wear tennis shoes and yoga pants in public. I am perfectly fine with my own hypocrisy.

  1. I resolve to NOT be happy every day. Happiness is fleeting. Here’s a cup of tea to the gray and dreary days that make me contemplate my navel.

  1. I resolve to yell at my kids at least once every other month. If for nothing else, to check my volume control and let them know how amazingly splendid I am the rest of the time.

  1. I resolve to NOT run a marathon, or mud run or any other of those crazy extreme races. Because I am not a runner, nor will I ever be. (For the runners out there, maybe you should resolve to never do yoga?)

  1. Also, I resolve to happily have a few lumps and maintain my huggable normal body fat percentage. I shall never be ripped, it is not in my genes, nor my jeans.

  1. But I do resolve to not grow out of my clothes, because jeans and bras are expensive and not that fun to shop for.

  1. I resolve to drink tea. (I like to have a few easy one resolutions just in case.)

  1. I resolve to end a sentence in a preposition once in a while (see #6.)

  1. I resolve to eat cheesecake just enough to avoid #6.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment