Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The ultimate boy party

I love having a screened in porch. I can send the kids outside, even if it's raining, and close the door (closing the door is imperative.)

Robert loves the screened-in porch as well. He loves to turn on the twinkle party lights, turn on all the fans, and turn up the music and have a party.

One day, the party took a turn toward all things boy.

The kids were happily playing. I turned and caught a glance of... MUD. Everywhere. Seems that the thing missing from the party was some sort of confetti. And what makes better confetti than mud?! Mud on the ceiling, mud on the floor, mud on the radio. This was one of the few days that I hoped Jeff did not make it home until after dark, just so I wouldn't have to hear the shock in his voice when he saw 'The Mud Party.'

This was one of the few nights when Jeff came home before sunset.

We spent over 3 hours cleaning the back porch. Brooms, shop vac, vacuum, mop (for the ceiling.) My mom mentions, "You can always be glad when they make mistakes now, when you can teach them." I'm hoping the lesson sticks, because I think the party would have been quite different if I had 19 yr old college boys instead of 4 yr old preschool boys. Maybe.

For now though, the back porch is the cleanest room in the house so we might as well enjoy it. Anyone up for cocktails tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment