Thursday, April 7, 2011

It happened.

While I'm in the admitting mood, 'it' happened. The cheesy schmoopy moment that get forwarded in emails and is the constant inspiration for Hallmark cards.

It was a cold and dreary day in Houston. Okay, it was 50F (BRRR) and gray. Robert was strangely unwilling to go to school and quite teary about it. Later, I sat on the couch with Zoe, watching WordWorld for the 653rd time (Hey- it won an EMMY and it's from PBS, that's practically educational, right?)

Then it hit me. They WILL grow UP!! OH NO!!! MY BABIES are growing up! (Shed a tear for me now) It lasted about 23 seconds before Zoe got up and started coloring her belly with markers. But finally, almost 4 years in, I had my gushy mommy moment. So maybe after all, I will make it through this mommy job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment